Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Party - Part 1

Welcome to our Halloween Party!


(Remember this was done on a $23 decorating budget)

The theme for the party was "Spiders and Bats, Oh my!"

Most of the items in this section were made from free items or items that I

already had at home.







The poster board was purchased, but the wooden stakes were FREE from Lowe's.

They are extra wood slats that other pieces of wood rest upon.

When I asked them the price, they told me that I could have them for free. Way cool!




This ghost is made from supplies that I had at home- extra clothes and an old sheet.




This is my favorite project. The wreath is made from items that we all have at home.

The wreath gets its shape from a coat hanger.

 Then I cut plastic trash bags into strips and tied them to the coat hanger.

I purchased the spiders and hot glued them to the wreath.


Tune in tomorrow for scenes from inside the BAT CAVE!

Until Next Time...Happy Quilting!


8 comments:

Sherri said...

Love that wreath! Can't wait to see inside the bat cave!

Michelle said...

I love the wreath! It's cool you say that you used a trash bag (great idea) because I cut thin strips out of trash bags and hung them on the ceiling throughout the living room and kitchen. Of course, that was a Halloween party we had years ago. It created a really cool effect and it was cheap! Can't wait to see more!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Great ideas - especially the wreath! have a happy halloween

Carol said...

Great decorations...love the wreath!

Anonymous said...

Looks inviting!

Gretchen said...

Wonderful! Can't wait to see what else you came up with!

Kathleen said...

Great job on the decorations on a little budget. Love the wreath and "Trick" & "Treat"

Luv 2 Kreate said...

WOW...looks like you had an amazing party! Very creative :)