Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I've Been Flocked!

This morning when I woke up, I found this on my doorstep:



When I opened the door I saw this:



When I looked up, I saw this:










25 Flamingos and the cute basket had been left on my doorstep as a fundraiser for the March of Dimes.

In order to have the flamingos removed, I had to make a small donation to this particular March of Dimes relay team.

This was such a creative idea and so far this particular March of Dimes relay team has raised over $4000.

So instead of sewing, we spent the day playing with the flamingos!




Until Next Time..Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Jan said...

Sooo, if you don't pay up, you get to keep the flamingos? hmmm.

Carol said...

I love it! Very creative and fun!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea...how fun...love the creativity! I'd never seen such a thing!

Michelle said...

THAT IS SOOO FUNNY! It's a great idea too.

Giddy for Paisley said...

Oh my goodness. That is hilarious! I could not imagine opening my front door and seeing the lovely display of pink across my lawn. That is a very creative way to raise money

amy smart said...

That is hilarious! My kids would love it. You have a beautiful front yard too.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Very innovative way of fund raising! What a fun surpirse. Lisa

karlyn Jackson said...

Wow, I have never seen anything like it. My kids would have gone crazy over it!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How cute is that?? I love it. But I'd want to keep one of thoes pink birds. lol