Friday, January 22, 2010

Overboard


The clouds came and brought lots of rain.

Then the sun came out

and I finished  this:





I call it "Overboard" because it is made entirely of scraps

from my scrap bin, which was flowing overboard.



I love how none of the pieces "match" or

come from the same fabric line.

It also reminds me of the crayon box that

I wrote about over here.













(14" X 15")


It was so liberating to just reach in and let all of

the  fabric (Moda scraps) do all of the work.

I even tried a little bit of unconventional quilting!


BTW-

This is what I will be doing tomorrow!





I can't wait to hang out with Kelly & CGQC Girls!

Stop by periodically tomorrow to see my progess.

(I'll be using a few unconventional Valentine's Day colors.)

Until Next Time ...Happy Quilting!


5 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I love your scrap quilt, and can't wait to see what you have planned for tomorrow...See you then!

Anonymous said...

Good use of scraps afterall you did pay good money for them! Hee!!

Michelle said...

I like it! See you at the PARTY!!!

Giddy for Paisley said...

Great way to use your scraps. I really need to do something with mine. They are multiplying like rabbits. They must be breeding cause I don't feel like I have enough finished projects to show for of them :)

Millie said...

Great scrap quilt...I like to sew strips together too.