Monday, November 17, 2008

Where have I been?

Where have I been lately?....Inquiring minds want to know (right RED?). Well once October rolled around, time just started to slip away, in a good way!

If you haven't guessed by now, I was able to getaway with my favorite gal pal, Mrs. Nook , twice! Our first trip was to....

.......Houston for the International Quilt Market! This was our first quilt market experience, one that we won't forget! We had been talking about it for weeks and the anticipation was so exciting. Who will we see? What will we buy? Where is the nearest Starbucks? What projects will we work on together? How many suitcase can we bring?
As usual, everything that we do is an adventure! Once we got settled into our hotel, we headed over the the infamous SAMPLE SPREE! We got in line a little bit early (like 3 hours early).
Three hours may seem a little bit early, but there were other people already waiting in line! Watch out because some of those ladies can be FIERCE about their spot in line!
And look....Who do I see near the front of the line?..Could that possibly be RED and Mrs. No Blog? I wonder what time they got in line!














(And look Mrs No Blog and I are both wearing RED).
Here is a photo of the line of women just waiting to get inside the Sample Spree! This is just a photo of half of the line! In order to pass the time, everyone is sitting on the floor working on projects. We were no exception!

While we waiting in line, we met lots of nice women! Holly and Sandra from Pine Needles were in line in front of us. They were so nice to share their experiences with us and we got to see the lovely projects that they were working on for their shop. Holly was nice enough to take this photo of Mrs. Nook and I.


Here is Mrs. Nook working on her Stitchers' Angel project.

Finally.....the doors open and everyone rushes into the room! We run quickly to the Moda both, which is in the far right corner, in the very back. Never get in the way of a woman on a mission, especially when her mission is MODA!

While we were at the Moda both, I met Tula Pink and her mom. I also met half of the duo known as Urban Chiks ! I was even catapulted into the spotlight when a magazine photographer asked to take my picture!

What did we buy?....Well, jelly rolls, layer cakes, and fat quarters in the newest lines of fabric! They are all so YUMMY!
Stay tuned because there is more to our adventure!
Until Next Time.....Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Since you were the first to comment on my post, I am going to be the first to comment on yours. Your purchases at quilt market probably out weighed you. It was great meeting you!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

So your saying you had fun are you?? No wonder we couldnt see you, you two were sitting on the floor. LOL Not that I would have been able to see you standing up in that crowd.
I missed you today. We went to that Sweet Lumpy's place. YUMMY!! But we were so full it was awful!! Deb complained the whole way home. I threaten to throw her out. LOL!!!!!!! And by the way.........it's about time you did a freakin post.