Monday, February 23, 2009

I Am A Collector

I am a collector. I love to collect:
  • Angels
  • Blue & White Dishes
  • Toy Irons
  • Yellow Depression Glass
  • Antique Silverware
  • Antique Teacups
  • Italian Pottery
  • Books & Magazines
  • Shoes & Purses
  • Fabric
  • Fabric
  • Fabric

Whenever we travel, I collect souvenir spoons and thimbles. My DH collects t-shirts. My little person collects magnets. Here is my Little Person's collection of magnets.

Why am I showing you this? Well my DH is being transferred. We are leaving Southern California and we are headed for the Deep South! This means that we are on the road again and my Little Person will be collecting more magnets.

It took the movers/packers 2 days to box up all of my stuff/fabric and one day to load up the truck. We (my DH and Little Person) have been on the road for 2 days, which is 1400 miles. Tyler, TX is where we will spend the night.

Never fear because my old gang is waiting for me in the Deep South (Michelle, Robyn, Martha, Amy, Cindy--all non-bloggers).

They are going to be waiting for me at the county line! Trust me, they are not as scary as they look!

Luckily, my blogger buddies will only be a "click" away!

So, I guess that it's farewell Southern California and all of it's beautiful people and "Hello" Deep South! Again!

Until Next Time.....Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Carla said...

Are you moving to TX or just spending the night there? Sure hope you move goes smooth for you.

amy smart said...

Oh wow. That sounds like a big move! We are contemplating moving and the thing that scares me most is my husband finding out how much fabric I really have. Yikes. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, thanks to the good ol' military another move. Soon you'll get to pick your own spot to live and paint colors for your own home! Just a few more years.... That should make ya smile!

Libby said...

Hope you have an easy, stress-free move. Can't wait to see the treasures you collect along the way *s*