Friday, January 2, 2009

Out With The Old

(Look RED 2 posts in one week! Just for you!)

They always say that the New Year is out with the old and in with the new! So in order to bring in the new, I have to "complete" the old! Actually, I really need to save money, so I am going to spend my time completing the old projects that I have started. This way I can justify bringing in new projects!

After I dropped the "little person" off at school this morning, I sat down and took inventory of all of my projects. So armed with my cup of tea, pen, and notepad, I did this:


As you can see, I have a total of 13 UFOs that I started last year.
  • 4 Block of the Months (which I am WAY behind on)
  • 9 Projects that I started and are at various stages in the quilting process

I think that this is enough projects to keep me busy for a little while! The hard part is going to be deciding which project I want to complete first!

I am an avid reader and I have always loved to read. When I was little I used to sleep with books under my pillow! So this year I also want to be out with the old books that I have sitting on my nightstand in order to make way for new books!

Here is what is on my nightstand right now:

I have started reading Something Blue. It is the sequel to Something Borrowed, which I finished reading on Monday night.

I had previously started reading The Pillars of the Earth, but for whatever reason, I quit reading it. I loved the parts that I read and I am looking forward to starting it again. What a great scandalous book! Plus the sequel is now out in paperback!

If you visit Ginger Patches , you will see that she is participating in 2009 To Be Read Challenge. I was going to sign up for it , but I missed the deadline and I couldn't decide on any other books to read. I like to browse around the bookstore and pick up whatever strikes my fancy. Maybe we can keep each other on track?

Anywone else what to join the reading challenge? How about you Mrs. Sweet Liberty ?

Finally, I did complete one more quilt before 2008 ended! I finished putting on the binding to this quilt on Tuesday night, which is why I didn't include it in my UFO list. I made it for a special guy in my life and he loves it!

The pattern is called Yellow Brick Road. I have used the pattern to make 3 other baby quilts, so I am about done using this pattern. However, it is a great way to use up fat quarters.






So here is the start of my 2009 completed quilts pile! Stick around and hopefully I will 13 more to the pile!



Until Next Time......Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so there! I am a big time reader. I started going to the library last year...its saved my husband a lot of money! :) My library has an online catalog, so I just request the books I want, they send me an email when they're ready, and I pop on over to pick them up. I will post my list on my blog! I can't wait to see yours...I've read all but one of the books you showed, so I think we have very similar literary taste!

Carol said...

I love to read too...I was going to do the challenge that Tammy's doing but I was too late to get it together. I haven't read Something Borrowed and Something Blue...was it good? I loved Memory Keeper's Daughter. Maybe we should all come up with a challenge of our own.

Libby said...

Quilting and reading - two of my favorite things *s* I love the idea of economizing wherever possible - I hope to do a lot of quilting from my stash and scraps again this year and spend a lot more time at the local library.