Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008!


Where has the time gone? Where have I been ? Inquiring minds, like RED , Libby , and Mrs. Quilt Hollow , want to know!


Well for the past 3 months, I have been on many trips! So many, that it is nice to finally be home for a little while!


My last trip was to the Grand Canyon. We took "the little person" to the Polar Express. If you live in the area or have the ability to travel there, this is an amazing experience for kids! I think that we might have to make this an annual trip.

We started here:



and then we rode the Polar Express up to the rim of the Grand Canyon. We stopped at the "North Pole" where we picked up Santa. He rode back with us and handed out presents to all of the children.The next day we drove in our car along the famous Route 66


and we went here.





Unfortunately we didn't pass any quilt stores along the way. Mrs. Nook consulted the Quilter's Travel Companion for me, but I guess that quilt stores aren't in demand around the Grand Canyon.
Oh well. I did manage to make more yo-yos and
one lonely hexagon flower!

(I told you that I am going to be a grandmother by the time that I finish this quilt!)

The New Year is upon us and it is out with the old and in with the new! I want to wish all of my "quilt buddies" a prosperous New Year! I will certainly need one!
(Red , we will paint the New Year RED!! )
Until Next Time.....Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

welcome back!!!....instead of painting the new year 'red'....can i choose 'pink'..??

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Well I've certainly missed you and your happy post. Does this mean you'll be blogging everyday now?? RED would really like that.
What a great trip you guys took.
Happy New Year to you little missy.
See you real soon.