Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm Back....Finally!

Thankfully things have gotten back to normal around here! Last week my husband returned home after completing his 7 month deployment! Yeah! After he got home and we adjusted our schedules, we made a "last minute" trip to Yosemite.
It was the perfect time to visit Yosemite. The snow on the mountains had melted, which made the waterfalls flow at their peak. We enjoyed the hiking because the weather was perfect. We were lucky enough to eascape the "heat wave" that California was experiencing. A few deer even ran across our path. I could sit and watch the waterfalls all day long!


Along the way, I was able to stop at a few quilt stores. In Fresno, CA, I stopped at Quilter's Paradise, Inc.
This is a cute little quilt store located in the historic district. The store has been open for over 30 years!They had lots of yummy fabrics and quilt patterns! The bathroom wallpaper was made out of old quilt magazine covers, which was very cute!

Then on the way home I stopped off at The Quilter's Coop in Temecula, CA. Sorry guys but they don't have a web site, which is such a shame because they have the cutest stuff. Anyway, here is a sample of the goodies that I bought.


Finally I was able to complete a project! I finished this February banner by Joined at the Hip. I have the entire series, but as you can see I am far behind! At least this one will be ready for next year! LOL! I even started a new project using my Praire Paisley fabric (check back later to see the completed work).


Today, I am going to enjoy a quiet day of quilting! Maybe I can complete some more projects or just start new ones!

Until next time...Happy Quilting!

No comments: