Sunday, December 20, 2009

Spruce Up Your Gift Packages

If you are like me,

you have to mail out a majority of your Christmas gifts.


Every year I struggle with ways to decorate the

packages that I need to mail out to family and friends.

I never use bows because they always get crushed in the shipping process

and I always run out of curling ribbon.

SO

This year I decided to save the environment (and my wallet)

and use something that I already had at home:

YARN.

I simply took the yarn and wrapped it several times around each package.







The next one is a simple look.




The green wrapping paper is my all time favorite!

It is so bold and fun!







Simply add a cute gift tag

and

VOILA! A cute and inexpensive way to spruce up your packages.



The yarn is light and one ball of yarn can wrap a TON of packages!




These are ready to go to their new home.


Until Next Time....Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

joan said...

Oh what a good idea and a lovely décor for those packages, as you say, which are bound to get crushed...Thank you...

Anonymous said...

I too send gifts without crushed bows. :-)

Nanette Merrill said...

Yours look so cute. I gave up on wrapping sent gifts. I just didn't have time time. Now I wish I had after seeing how cute yours are.

Carolyn said...

Too funny...my gifts are all wrapped in the first two wrapping papers that you used. I guess we like the same things...or shop in the same places! Merry Christmas!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

HEYYYY I saw my giftie there in that photo. Love my yarn!
Hugs