Sunday, July 20, 2008

The challenge is on!

As you know, Cara at the Quilt Nook and I made a pact to clean up our UFO pile and our "planned quilts" pile. So, the other day I pulled out my basket of projects and just started with the project that was on the top. The lucky winner was this cute wall hanging that I had started before Christmas.I am not sure what the name of the pattern is, but I think that it is called Charmed Stars.
I had actually made several of them as Christmas gifts for family members and I had this one left over in an "unfinished" state for myself. I got right down to work and finished it up. Now I will be able to put it out this Christmas!


Now that this project is done, I can tackle these:

They are just various projects that I was at one time VERY motivated to start and then somewhere along the way, lost interest or moved onto something else. Once these projects are completed I can move onto this:






This is my basket of "planned quilts." I can't count how many projects are sitting in the basket with all of the fabric needed to complete them. Luckily my hubby doesn't know either! So basically over the next couple of weeks, this is what I need to complete! LOL!

We also made a pact not to purchse any NEW fabric (fabric that is not going to be used in existing projects). So far I have done well. I even went to the quilt store and only spent $5. Now that has NEVER happened before! HOWEVER I do have to make one exception....I am going to the Long Beach Quilt Festival this weekend and I already know that I am gong to be in trouble! LOL!
Until next time......Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope you had fun at the quilt festival!! Hope you get all your UFO's completed so you can start on some new projects! It is funny how you lose motivtion when another better project comes along.

Mar said...

No fair holding you to the pact during Festival, I would love to go! Make sure you go to the Bonnie Blue Booth. They have the yummiest stuff!! HAVE FUN!!

Julz said...

Hmm that basket of fabrics itching to be made into new quilts looks far too tempting. Hope you had a great time at the quilt festival - look forward to seeing some pic's of your new purchases :) Hugs Jx